Are you starting a chiropractic office or expanding? How exciting! You’re likely in the beginning stages of the process and looking for guidance on how to make the construction go as smoothly as possible.
If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog, we’ll cover some of our top tips for a successful chiropractic clinic construction.
HOW TO ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL CHIROPRACTIC CLINIC CONSTRUCTION FROM THE GROUND UP
When it comes to a successful chiropractic clinic construction, one of the best things you can do is work with the right contractor. Frequent communication is also essential.
Not only can this ensure that your project is moving in the right direction at all times, but it can also provide peace of mind that your clinic will be open before you know it.
How do you ensure the best construction experience? Here are a few recommendations:
#1: CHOOSE THE RIGHT LOCATION
First and foremost, it’s important to consider your goals, and identify your target audience (college students, athletes, senior citizens, etc.). Then, consider where your audience spends the most time (e.g., school, gym, senior center, etc.).
Chiropractic offices tend to do the best when in close proximity to their target audience (generally on a high-traffic street in a large or up-and-coming city). Once you narrow down a good area for your office, ask yourself:
- Is there enough room for employees and patients to park? Sufficient parking can attract new patients and keep them from worrying about meters or parking alongside the street.
- Would you like to be near other businesses for a sense of community? Staying close to other businesses that provide complementary holistic or medical services is a great opportunity to refer business to one another.
- Would you prefer to expand on an existing building or create a new building? Whatever you choose, make sure there’s plenty of room to accommodate the construction workers’ vehicles, tools, and equipment. Further, ensure that you’ll still have enough parking and walking areas if you add onto a current office.
- Do you expect to do a chiropractic office remodel at any point in the future? The majority of chiropractic offices strive to increase business and expand with time. If you would like to stay in the same location for the long term, leave room to grow. Otherwise, you could risk moving later.
#2: SET A CLEAR BUDGET
At Norwest Contractors, we provide quotes upfront based on your unique requests. This allows you to plan better and make changes to your chiropractic design plans based on the cost of each feature. Our Design-to-Budget™ approach aligns your location and design, showing you just where your dollars can go.
It’s a good practice to include any essentials, such as electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, doors, and walls. (Always leave room for changes or the unexpected.) Then, you can select add-ons for a more personalized chiropractic office. We provide access to our state-of-the-art DesignLab™, which shows you all the ways you can control your costs while achieving an eye-catching, well-designed chiropractic office from the inside out.
#3: BE REALISTIC ABOUT TIMELINES
On average, it takes anywhere from four months to one year to build a new chiropractic office. This time can be less or greater depending on the full scope of work. Setting your expectations early on and staying in communication with your construction company can help the project go faster, as everything is on the table.
It can take time to procure the required permits, design plans, and materials. The weather can also take a toll on your timeline, which is why communication is a must at all hands to keep everyone in the loop.
#4: UTILIZE EVIDENCE-BASED DESIGN
This design approach involves creating your space around environmental benefits, based on proven research. More and more chiropractic offices incorporate evidence-based design to save time and improve recovery for their patients. Taking this approach from day one during the construction process can be one of the best decisions you make.
The evidence-based design provides for a more efficient workplace by having consistent design features in place. It can make it easy to find the equipment and medical records you’re looking for by keeping them in the same respective location. This provides for a better patient experience all around, and as a bonus, it makes your employees’ jobs a whole lot easier.
CONTACT NORWEST CONTRACTORS TODAY | PORTLAND, OR
If you need help getting your chiropractic office off the ground, Norwest Contractors is at your service. We offer innovative chiropractic office design layouts with full functionality that cater to your business’s unique needs. Then, we make those design plans a reality. Connect with our construction team today to start your project.
Bonus: Want a little inspiration for your chiropractic office design? Take a look at our Portfolio.
Also, don’t forget to view some related blogs to help you plan out your chiropractic clinic construction:
- The Future of Office Design in 2021
- 7 Tips for Starting a Commercial Construction Project
- Building Design With Social Distancing in Mind
Get started with your chiropractic office design today by clicking HERE!